segunda-feira, 19 de março de 2012


ATIVIDADE 2 DE LÍNGUA INGLESA I.
POR ELDAM DE SOUSA BARROS

WRITING

Now it’s time to calculate: write the answers in full.

a) 100 + 39 = One hundred and thirty-nine. 
b) 97 + 200 = Two hundred and ninety-seven.
c) 12 + 38   = Fifty.
d) 200 – 38 = One hundred and sixty-two.
e) 65 + 13   = Seventy-eight.
f) 15 x 5     = Seventy-five.


Answers these  questions giving your information:

1. What time do you get up every day?
   _ I get up at five o’clock every day.
2. What time do you have breakfast?
   _ I have my breakfast at six o’clock.
3. What time do you leave the house?
  _ I leave the house at seven o’clock.
4. What time do you get to work/school/university?
  _ I go to work at eight o’clock.
5. What time do you wake up on Saturday and Sunday?
  _ I wake up at six o’clock on weekend.

Answer about the text.

a) Where does Julio live?
_ He does live in a small town, in Devon, in the south of England.
b) How old is Julio?
_ He has 83 years old.
c) How often does Julio go swimming?
_ Every morning he goes swimming.
d) Does Julio have a car?
_ No, He doesn’t.
e) What’s his favorite dish?
_ His favorite dish is fish and vegetables.
f) How often does Julio visit his friends?
_ In the afternoon he sometimes visits his friends.


Write about your family routine.

I’m 40 years old. I live in a small town in Piauí, in the northest Brasil. Every morning, I  have my breakfast and I go to work. I  like to listen music, to watch movies and to pratice sports in general, but my hobbie is to read good books.  I don´t have a car, but I have a motorcycle and I usually in weekend I like to ride with my motorcycle. My favorite dish is fish.


WRITING:

How often do you go to English class?
_ I go to English class twice a month.
How often do you study English at home?
_ I study English three or four times a day.
How often do you go to the doctor during a year?
 _I hardly ever go to the doctor. I know it’s not right! But I promise to change my routine.


READING:

1. What does Susan Johnson say about stress?
_ When you are stressed, your blood pressure rises, your heart rate increases, and a host of stress hormones are dumped into your blood.
2. What does chronic stress cause?
_ Chronic stress can weaken your immune system, making you more susceptible to anything from the common cold cancer.
3. What are the benefits of jogging?
_ Walking causes your to produce mood-elevating beta-endorphins, and may prevent you becoming depressed or anxious.

Read the text and mark T for true and F for false:

a) This conversation is between two tourists.     ( T )
b) Dr. Morris studies bats and insects.                ( F )
c) Bats are good for plants.                                  ( T )
d) Austin is in Texas.                                           ( T )
e) Bats population is at risk of extinction.           ( F )

Complete with DO in the correct negative or interrogative form. Pay close attention to the third singular person.

a) Where do your brother and sister study?
c) His girlfriend does go to Harvard.
d) Carlos and I do work in an airport.
e) Does Paul live in San Francisco? 


Write a paragraph about yourself…

My name is Eldam. My surname is Sousa Barros. I’m 40 years old. I’m Brazilian. I was born in Teresina and I live in a small town, called Agricolândia. My phone number is 94667956 and my e-mail address is dambarros@live.com I study in UESPI  and I work in a state school. The names of my parents are Benício and Maria. I have four sisters and two brothers. My sisters Cláudia, 39, Léa, 36 e Alda, 33, are professors and Jayne Kelma, 19, study in UESPI too. My favorite athlete is Marta, a brazilian soccer woman. For me she’s simply the best. My favorite movie is Drácula de Bran Stocker.    




writing:
a) Complete the questions using the Present Simple or the Present Continuous:

1. What do you do to relax?
2. How often do you go out with friends?
3. What do you go to do this evening?
4. How often you spend time on your own?
5. What do you do usually at the weekend?
6. .Where do you go on holiday in the next two or three months?
7. How often do you argue with your family or friends?
8. Are you  learning something new at the moment?


b) Answer the questions in exercise 1 by giving your own information

Which questions refer to...
1. General habits or routines?
_ I sometimes watch TV before bed.
_ I don’t exercise very often.
_ I walk every day.   
2. Actions happening at the moment?
_ I’m studying English in the University.
_ I’m reading “Guimarães Rosa” at the moment.
_ I often listen “A-HA” in the evening.
3. The future?
_ I’m going to school.
_ I’m gonna visit my grandparents.
_ I’m taking English classes.
.

  



c) Write questions for these answers:
EXAMPLE:
1. We go to school by bus.
How do you go to school?
2. I live in Teresina.
Where do you live?
3. She goes to school in the afternoon.
What time does she go to school? 
4. He doesn’t go to school because he is tired.
 He goes to school? 
5. I get up at 6:30
What time do you get up every day? 
6. They have three children.
How many children they have?
7. Yes, I speak English.
Do you speak English?
8. Yes, He is studying Portuguese.
Is he studying Portuguese?
9. Yes, we are mowing the lawn.
Are you mowing the lawn?
10. No, they are not sleeping. They are watching TV.
Are they sleeping?



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário