sábado, 31 de março de 2012


ATIVIDADE 3 DE LÍNGUA INGLESA I



ELDAM DE SOUSA BARROS


1. _ Complete the invitations in A with the present continuous used as future. Complete the responses in B with be going to.
A:
1. Are you going to do (do) anything on Saturday? Do you want go out for dinner?

2. What are you going to do (do) tomorrow? Would you like to play tennis?

3. My birthday is on Sunday I am going to have ( have) party. Would you and your parents like to come?

4. Are you going to stay (stay) at home? Do you want to see a film tonight?

B:
a. Sorry, I can’t. I am going to work (work) overtime tonight. How about on Sunday?

b. OK. I’m going to see (see) you on Sunday.

c. Sorry, I can’t. I am going to travel (travel) in the afternoon.

d. I am going (go) to work in the morning, but I am not going to do (not do) anything in the afternoon







2. _ Fill in the blanks with the verbs on the right, using them in the simple future:

Jorge will live in Teresina

On February 10th Jorge will move to Teresina.
move          live
live          work
teach            go
not study
be                 be  
He, his wife and their children will live on Afonso Pena Street.
They have a boy and a girl. Their names are Peter and Jane.
He will live with Aunt Mary and his children.
He is a doctor. He will work in a hospital.
My aunt Mary is a teacher. She will teach in a school.
Jane and Peter will go toin  the same school but will not study in the same grade. Jane will be in the 6th grade and Peter will be in the 8th grade.



3. Fill in the blanks and repeat:


I will help my family


Miss Janet: What will you do if you win a million dollars in the Lottery, Nelson?
Nelson: I will spend a year in Paris and I’ll spend one year in Argentina. Miss Janet: What will you do if you win a million dollars in the Megasena, Heloise?
Heloise: I will study at a private College.
Miss Janet: What are you going to do if you win a million dollars in the Lottery, Deborah?
Deborah: I will buy a luxury car and a big house.
Miss Janet: What will you do if you win a million dollars in the Lottery, Fred?
Fred: I will help my family, the poor, and the sick people.
spend          spend
study           what
do                  buy
a big
a million dollars
the poor sick



4. Make sentences to complete the examples for the rules.
We use will
To make predictions or talk about the future in general.

Example:

In weekend I’ll travel to Teresina.
Believe me, I’ll be there.
I’ll stay by your side.


When we decide to do something at the moment of speaking.

Example:

I’m speaking English very bad.
I’m seeing my girlfriend in the evening.
She’s talking to students now.


We use be going to
To talk about something that we have already decided to do.

Example:

I’m going to school on the Saturdays.
I’m going to visit my sister in weekend.
I’m going to play soccer with my friends.













Write sentences following the first example:

EXAMPLES:

My husband's going to go on a diet.
He isn't going to drink so much beer.

a - I / take / exercise.
I’m going to take exercise.
I don’t going to take exercise every day.
 
b - I / work / bard.
I’m going to work with a bard.
I’m going to work with a bard next week.

c -My daughter / tidy / bedroom.
My daughter’s going to tidy the bedroom.
She isn’t going to tidy bedroom in the afternoon.

d - She / talk / phone for hours.
She’s going to talk on phone for hours.
She isn’t going to talk on phone now.
 
e – My son/ have / hair cut.
My son’s going to have hair cut.
He isn’t going to have hair cut next month.

f -  He / watch / TV.
He’s going to watch TV.
He isn’t going to watch TV in the evening.

g – We / be nicer to each other.
We’re going to be nicer to each other.
We aren’t going to be nicer to each other tomorrow.

h – We / argue with each other.
We’re going to argue with each other.
We aren’t going to argue with each other today.




2) Choose the correct future form for each sentence.

2.1 A John and I are going to / will get married.
      B Oh that's great news!
      Resposta: John and I will get married.
2.2 A. I can't find my wallet!
      B. I'm going to / I'll help you look for it.
      Resposta: I’m going to help you look for it.
2. 3 A. Shall we go out for a meal this evening?
       B. Yes, OK. I'm going to / I'll phone and book a table.
       Resposta: Yes, Ok. I’ll phone and book a table.
2.4 A. Can you record that program for me?
      B. I'm going to \ I’ll have a bath.
      Resposta: I’m going to have a bath.
2.5 A. It's my birthday on Saturday.
      B. Are you going to / will you have a party?
      Resposta: Are you going to have a party?
2.6 A. I'm going to get a cup of coffee.
      B. Good idea. I'm going to / I’ll get one, too.
      Resposta: Good idea. I’ll get one, too.
2.7 A. Here’s that report.
      B. Oh, thanks. I'm going to / I’ll read it this evening.
      Resposta: Oh, thanks. I’m going to read it this evening.
2.8 A. If you see a black cat…
      B. you're going to / you'll have good luck.
      Resposta: You’ll have good luck









Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário